Konuyu Oyla:
  • Derecelendirme: 0/5 - 0 oy
Bowl defensive lineman Jurrell Casey
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Andrew Luck tossed around more dance moves than footballs this offseason.He loved every minute of it.So when the star quarterback returned to the Indianapolis Colts complex Monday Will Grier Jersey , he was rested, recharged and ready to start offseason workouts.“I finally got a chance to get away,” Luck said after the initial welcome back team meeting. “I talked to (general manager) Chris (Ballard) about that a little bit. He sort of challenged me to turn my mind off. It took a while, but I did get away. I feel refreshed. It was a very nice offseason.”At least it was different.Luck didn’t throw in either of the two previous offseasons, but not by choice. Instead, he followed doctor’s orders while recovering from surgery on his throwing shoulder. This time, Luck opted for a well-deserved break after perhaps the best season of his pro career.Plus, Luck had other plans.After dating Stanford gymnast Nicole Pechanec for nearly a decade, the couple finally got married last month in the Czech Republic.“Not much has changed besides a ring on the finger and she’s got great insurance now,” Luck cracked. “It’s awesome. It was the best day of my life and probably the best offseason I ever had.”Luck also had fun shooting a commercial for sports drink company Body Armor. The addition of baseball star Mike Trout helped convince Luck to take a chance.Dressed in 1970s disco garb, Luck and Trout cut it up on the dance floor — stirring up a conversation about Luck’s groovy moves. He even heard from Stanford coach David Shaw, who emailed that his children rewound the commercial multiple times when they first saw it.“My initial reaction to just about everything is no,” Luck said. “Then I thought about it and talked to my agent. He said Mike Trout was interested and I admire him very much. Then thought about it and – why not? I think I feel much more comfortable making fun of myself than trying to be cool.”He wasn’t the only Colts player to try his hand at performing.All-Pro guard Quenton Nelson posted a video on Instagram of himself, bare-chested, mimicking the moves from a Cardi B video. The rapper and fans weren’t the only ones who were watching.“I don’t know if Andrew was acting or not http://www.pantherscheapshop.com/cheap-a...ler-jersey , but Quenton, I thought, was pretty good,” center Ryan Kelly said. “As long as he (Nelson) keeps mowing people over in the running game, I don’t care.”Nelson did not speak Monday.But Luck said he is eager to get back to work nearly three months after the 2018 season ended with a divisional-round loss at Kansas City.The good news: Not much has changed inside the locker room.Ballard spent the offseason investing heavily in keeping the roster intact. Three more Colts players — receivers Chester Rogers and Marcus Johnson and safety Mathias Farley — joined the list when they signed one-year tenders Monday.Indy has re-signed six of 15 unrestricted free agents, with receiver Ryan Grant the only player heading out of town. He signed with Oakland two weeks ago.Meanwhile, Ballard added only two newcomers, former Carolina receiver Devin Funchess and former Kansas City pass-rusher Justin Houston. Funchess gives Indy a bigger downfield threat. Houston brings a veteran presence to a young defense that improved dramatically under first-year coordinator Matt Eberflus.“With me doing a little bit of pass rushing, hopefully he’ll help with how I use my hands, learning what moves to use here and what moves to use there,” All-Pro linebacker Darius Leonard said. “Hopefully, I can stay in his back pocket and learn from him.”And now that the offseason is over, Luck can’t wait to see how much he can improve on the big stage.“I haven’t thrown at all,” Luck said. “I’ll have a plan. Again, I have learned so many things over the past couple of years and part of that is building a plan and adjusting within it based on how you feel. We will certainly use the resources in the building and some other folks that help. So that’s a big part of this offseason as well.” Two things Jordan Scarlett Jersey , among many, have been consistent for the Patriots the past decade: Tom Brady at quarterback and New England in the AFC championship game.
Brady will try to lead his team to its seventh straight conference title game Saturday when it hosts the Tennessee Titans in the divisional round.
It has been a challenging week off the field for the Patriots following reports of turmoil involving Brady, coach Bill Belichick and team owner Robert Kraft. But Brady says he’s never doubted his team’s ability to compartmentalize potential distractions.
”I think we have a job to do and we know what our job is and that’s to go out and play football at a high level and play well,” he said. ”Nothing really should get in the way of that.”
Tennessee hasn’t been to a conference championship game since the 2002 season, but has been invigorated coming off its first playoff win in 14 years.
The Titans enter as 13-point underdog, but linebacker Derrick Morgan said it’s a role they happily embrace .
”Nobody respects us. Nobody really expects a lot from us. That’s fine,” he said. ”We haven’t been a very successful team in the last 10 years. So it’s easy for people to overlook us. So we’ve got to take care of business and start winning games like this to get the respect that we desire.”
To get it, they’ll have to stop a quarterback that has been nearly unbeatable in this round of the postseason.
Brady is 11-2 in 13 divisional-round games since 2002 , passing for 3,700 yards and 28 touchdowns.
He also has a 6-1 career record against the Titans with 13 touchdowns and just one interception.
Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota was mostly unflappable in leading his team back from an 18-point halftime deficit to beat Kansas City – the largest comeback on road in Super Bowl era.
But since 2001, quarterbacks making their first or second career playoff start are 0-7 against New England.
”When it comes down to it, it’s all about us,” Mariota said. ”I think that’s kind of been the mindset through this entire season. Ups and downs come and go, you just want to try and make the most of this opportunity.”
Some things to watch on Saturday:
MOVING ON UP: It will be Bill Belichick’s 37th career playoff game as a head coach, breaking a tie with Tom Landry and Don Shula for the most in NFL history.
HEISMAN BROTHERS: Mariota Jonah Williams Jersey , the 2014 Heisman winner, and Derrick Henry, the 2015 Heisman winner, combined to turn in the best rushing performance in franchise history in the wild-card round. Henry ran for a career-high 156 yards, and Mariota added 46 yards. Henry will be starting his third straight game with DeMarco Murray already out (right knee).
PRESSURE: The Titans ranked fifth in the league with 43 sacks during the season and added four more against the Chiefs last week. Three-time Pro Bowl defensive lineman Jurrell Casey had six from his interior spot, while Morgan led the Titans with 7 + sacks. Linebackers Brian Orakpo (seven) and Wesley Woodyard (five) give the Titans a variety of options to attack Brady, not counting backup linebacker Erik Walden (four).
EXPERIENCE GAP: New England has 41 players with postseason experience, most of 2017 playoff teams. Fourteen Patriots players have played at least 10 playoff games. That’s more such players than 11 other playoff teams combined (13). Before the start of this postseason, the Titans had 18 players who had appeared in a playoff game.
BELICHICK and LEBEAU: There aren’t too many current NFL coaches that have been around the game longer than Belichick and Titans defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau .
LeBeau has an NFL-record 45 consecutive seasons as a coach, with Belichick at 43. Yet, with Belichick as head coach, he and LeBeau have faced off in the playoffs only once: the 2004 AFC championship game that New England won in Pittsburgh 41-27.
The respect between the two is mutual.
”Not very many coaches have the record coach Belichick’s gotten. In fact he’s probably closing in on the best ever,” LeBeau said.
Said Belichick: ”Coach LeBeau is as good as there is, as good a defensive coach as there is.”

AP Football Writer Teresa Walker in Nashville contributed to this report.
Ara
Cevapla

Konu ile Alakalı Benzer Konular
Konular Yazar Yorumlar Okunma Son Yorum
  The Denver Broncos' defensive scheme went perfectly according chenyan94 0 19 21-06-2019, Saat: 06:06
Son Yorum: chenyan94
  e played a decidedly defensive zhanjiao1212 0 121 04-12-2018, Saat: 05:40
Son Yorum: zhanjiao1212

Hızlı Menü:

Konuyu Okuyanlar: 1 Ziyaretçi